Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH has bad stomach pains, stomach ulcer?

(10 Posts)
marne Mon 30-May-05 19:06:36

This is the second time hes been like this in a week, has been in pain since 1pm, hes led in bed and is doubled up in pain. Starting to think he could have a stomach ulcer as he lives on chips and fry ups. Does anybody know the syptoms of a stomach ulcer please?
Should i call the doctor?

biglips Mon 30-May-05 19:08:01

where exactly the pain? as if its on right lower bit... maybe appendicts?

marne Mon 30-May-05 19:10:35

he says its all over his stomach, cant realy pin point a certain area.

biglips Mon 30-May-05 19:12:52

if it was his appendicts - he would be able to feel the sore part of the pain on the front lower part next to the belly button by pressing it gently

emeraldefmach Mon 30-May-05 19:16:53

Gall stones? Can be exaccerbated by fatty foods. Just a guess.

georginars Mon 30-May-05 19:19:06

hiya - my DH (35) was diagnosd with a gastric ulcer a couple of months ago. It was discovered after the doc sent him for blood tests after a bout of gastroenteritis (sp?) that wouldn't go away. He was extremely anaemic as ulcers cause internal bleeding, plus he had lost lots of weight - after the blood tests he had an endoscopy which I think is the main way of definitely diagnosing an ulcer. Symptoms seem to be stomach trouble that keeps coming back or lasts for ages. I'd suggest he talks to the doctor and asks for blood tests, I think ulcers can cause different symptoms in different cases and although pain could be one of them it could be other things as well I guess. BTW, he also lives on absolute crap and although they didn't seem to think this caused the ulcer, I have my suspicions!

georginars Mon 30-May-05 19:20:53

oh and don't rule out trapped wind - can be extremely painful, my sister once ended up in hosital convinced that she had appendicitis, turned out to be trapped wind (she was v.embarassed). It can really hurt though

marne Mon 30-May-05 20:49:40

Still got the pain, now he says its low down on the right hand side, he wont let me phone the doctor because they might send him to hospital, he doesnt like going out and doesnt want to leave dd with anyone. He says its just wind.he also feels sick.

darlingbud Mon 30-May-05 20:59:46

if it is that bad i would phone the doctor. it could just be trapped wind but if it is soething more serious like appenicitus (sp?) then you nned to get it checked. If they get to the burst stage then it is really serious.

Trinab75 Tue 31-May-05 10:36:08

I had the same symptoms a few weeks ago, and convinced myself it was trapped wind and that it would go away....also felt sick.

My mum convinced me to go to the docs and I was rushed straight to the hosp for my appendix to be removed.

They said it was a good job I had not left it any longer as it would have burst.

All your DH symptoms sound just like I had, I would persuade him to have it looked at ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now