Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OATMEAL for itching?

(4 Posts)
noddyholder Mon 30-May-05 19:04:55

I have a rash everywhere caused by my immunosuppression being changed and I have either caught chicken pox or measles or both The biopsy they took from my arm will confirm which but not until thursday and the itching is sending me mad Is normal porridge oats ok for bathing in and more importantly does it work?I have eurax which does nothing

WigWamBam Mon 30-May-05 19:17:08

Oh, poor you, sounds awful. Normal porridge oats is fine, tie it into a muslin cloth or put it in the leg of a pair of tights and hang it underneath the tap so that the water runs through it. You can use the bag on your skin as well.

Mud Mon 30-May-05 19:17:55

yes, put them in a sock and hang it under tap. You can also use bicarbonate of soda and take an anti-histamine 9if allowed)

noddyholder Mon 30-May-05 19:20:58

I have atarx?tablets which i took once and fell asleep but may have to resort to them tonight I am being really horrible to ds and dh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now