Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Baby with swollen lip

(4 Posts)
kikidee Mon 30-May-05 18:19:41

DH was looking after DS (13 months) today and he fell this morning and now has a very swollen lip. He didn't hit anything when he fell so we think it was just a tooth that hit the lip. I've just come in from work and it really is very swollen. He's also dribbling a lot as his mouth is open as a result of the swelling. DH thinks it's nothing to worry about and the swelling will go down overnight. I thought I would ask wise Mumsnetters for their thoughts. Should we get it checked or will it just sort itself out?

Aero Mon 30-May-05 18:37:06

Think your Dh is right and it probably will go well down overnight.

Saacsmum Mon 30-May-05 21:35:35

it is probably too late now but ice can reduce swelling. if the child isnt keen to have a flannel containing ice held to lip as many arent then you can give an iceblock.

kikidee Mon 30-May-05 22:25:42

Thanks Saacsmum - why didn't I think of that? He's developing a cracker of a bruise on his chin but the lip seems a bit less swollen. DH says I need to toughen up - not sure how I'll get through the rough and tumble of the next few years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now