Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had a dental implant done abroad?

(11 Posts)
hercules1 Wed 26-Aug-09 17:00:00

I have a choice of a bridge (1200) which will last 8-10 years and I will then also lose the healthy tooth next to it and will end up with 2 spaces or another implant at the cost of 2 grand which I dont have.

Anyone gone abroad to have implant done? I realise I'd have to go back for follow ups there - is this doable with only having school holidays off?

wilbur Wed 26-Aug-09 17:03:55

Oooh, I hope someone answers this, I have been contemplating going to Hungary (brilliant dentists apparently) for an implant. I lost the tooth years ago but now my other teeth are starting to fall into the gap. I think I have some serious tooth work coming sad.

hercules1 Wed 26-Aug-09 17:06:59

There was an article in teh readers digest in the waiting room which said Hungary was the place to go.

hercules1 Wed 26-Aug-09 20:30:24

bump

wilbur Thu 27-Aug-09 08:36:47

bumping for hercules

wilbur Thu 27-Aug-09 08:39:19

hercules - I have been looking at this website (mainly for the hamdsome dentist grin but would love to get a recommendation.

hercules1 Thu 27-Aug-09 11:58:56

Wilbur - I've done a bit more research. I think it's probably worth it for extensive work and if you are able to come and go at least twice for an implant and stay there for a few days each time.
In my case with working full time and 2 children I'm not sure for one tooth it's worth the money I would save.

Still undecided about whether to get bridge or implant.

Does anyone know if it's okay to leave a space for a few months before putting somethign htere?

hercules1 Thu 27-Aug-09 13:21:19

I've just had a phone call from a company who arrange it and they said for one implant it wouldnt be worth going abroad by the time you factor in two lots of fares and hotel fees.

mrsboogie Thu 27-Aug-09 23:08:59

what was the company called? any contact info?

hercules1 Fri 28-Aug-09 10:07:00

SOmething like smileyface dental something or other. If you google hungrary dentists it brings up loads of companies that arrange it.

wilbur Sat 29-Aug-09 09:50:23

I need a couple of broken fillings replaced as well, and I would love to have some of my old amalgam ones changed to white. Oh and a teeth whitening, would be fab too. Maybe they could just knock me out cold, do it all I will wake up looking like a film star. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now