Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What can I do to keep my 3YO busy? Am ill, in pain and have NO energy...

(5 Posts)
mamadiva Tue 25-Aug-09 07:46:31

I ended up in hospital on Sunday, turns out I have an ear infection and tonsillitis

Have to take 12 tablets a day which are killing my throat and spacing me out a bit but I do tend to be sensitive to tablets anyway so the amount is a shock to the system me thinks.

I had DP to look after little man all weekend and yesterday he managed to get the day off work but today he's had to go in until 5pm, my son is the type of child who has to be kept busy so I reckon it's going to be a difficult week.

Anyone got any suggestions on things to do where I can take a back seat and lie down whilst watching him IYKWIM. I feel bad as obviously this all sounds rather unresponsible but I just don't feel like moving if I don't have to my ear is killing me today as is my throat!!!

The irony is I could get a couple of hours peace by taking him to nursery, but that would mean a 30 minute walk there and 30 back which I just can't face. Typical

4andnotout Tue 25-Aug-09 07:49:33

Do you have a garden? If you do and have a pario or path give him a paintbrush and some water and let him paint pictures and watch them disapear, it keeps my dds entertained for hours.

Also cbeebies was designed for days like this!

Hope you feel better soon.

savoycabbage Tue 25-Aug-09 07:52:42

Two excellent ideas.

Mine is a roll of sticky-tape and let him play 'vets' with all of his soft toys. This keeps my dd busy for ages. Also if you get out a toy he hasn't seen for a while and plonk it in the middle of the floor for him to 're-discover'.

sdr Tue 25-Aug-09 08:05:06

Get some blankets so he can make a den under the dining table.

Get DP to bring home some ice lollies - for you to suck (helps ease sore throat) and a bribe for DS. Also sucking on boiled sweets can help.

mamadiva Tue 25-Aug-09 08:07:53

Excellent ideas ladies, I would never have thought of either of those.

He's planked himself infront of Disney Cars (or Lifewife MacQueen as he calls it hmm) so that should give me an hour or so of peace

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now