Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP... how much medicine is too much??

(6 Posts)
NannyJo Sun 29-May-05 22:29:15

can anyone advise me on this....

DS is 8 months, has a chest infection and is on antibiotics, he has a fever and has had calpol too, he is also suffering badly with constipation so is having 10mls lactulose a day.

Is this all too much for him??? He is feeling really bad and up most of the night at the moment and really down poor thing. I feel soooooo helpless and it makes me want to cry.

NannyJo Sun 29-May-05 22:34:15

please

jangly Sun 29-May-05 22:37:23

They are all different things aren't they - the anti-bi's, the calpol for the temperature and the lactulose. So long as the doc has ok'd them, I'm sure its fine. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and you won.t need the calpol.

jangly Sun 29-May-05 22:44:33

I would give loads of extra drink to help the constipation and try to do without the lactulose unless the doctor has advised it.

NannyJo Sun 29-May-05 22:47:25

he's been on lactulose for a while, been told to give it as needed.

He's had a day of antibiotics, how long before they take effect to bring the temp down???

jangly Sun 29-May-05 22:57:02

They usually work quite quickly. Hopefully he will be improving tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now