Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you think this is just a cold that will pass or should I take a visit to the GP?

(9 Posts)
pinkchampagne Mon 24-Aug-09 13:39:24

Have had the most awful cold for around 2 weeks now which doesn't seem to be clearing, infact it has just spread to my chest.
It has kept me awake night after night & the stuff that is coming out of my nose is (sorry for TMI!) thick & yellow. I have now also got a very chesty cough which is in turn giving me a bad throat & voice loss.
Does this just sound like a cold that will pass soon or do you think it could be an infection that requires a doctors visit?

Habbibu Mon 24-Aug-09 13:47:53

Can you get a telephone consultation? Might be worth trying that first - save you sitting miserably in the waiting room.

pinkchampagne Mon 24-Aug-09 16:47:24

Not sure that I can at my surgery, but will ask. Feel terrible from coughing so much that my throat feels swollen & sore. Wondering if it is a chest infection, but then it could just be a cold I guess.

pinkchampagne Mon 24-Aug-09 20:43:35

Think I will phone the surgery tomorrow as I am now coughing up green stuff & feel really rough.

Habbibu Tue 25-Aug-09 11:29:04

Have you phoned? Sounds lots worse than a cold - I think I'd go in, so long as you're pretty sure you don't have swine flu symptoms - maybe phone first to check. Poor you - hope you feel better soon.

pinkchampagne Tue 25-Aug-09 12:21:37

I phoned this morning & was told they couldn't fit me in today so have an appointment for tomorrow morning. Coughed up more stuff this morning & feeling very sorry for myself!

Habbibu Tue 25-Aug-09 13:46:16

Oh, poor you. can you have a hot bath and go back to bed? Steam inhalation provides temporary relief for me.

SmallShips Tue 25-Aug-09 14:01:20

There are some hideous cold/flu things going around ATM.

I've still got the cough from mine and now have infected sinuses, it's been about 3 weeks.

A bath might help you feel a bit better in the short term, it did me.

Hope you feel better soon.

pinkchampagne Wed 26-Aug-09 12:09:56

Been to doctors & it is apparently a sinus infection which has travelled down my throat affecting my vocal chords & into my chest. Have antibiotics now so hoping it will clear up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now