Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this normal?

(4 Posts)
pleaserewind Sun 29-May-05 18:11:59

to wake up in the night with an arm or a leg thats gone completely dead to the point where you can't move it AT ALL?
this happens to me loads and sometimes i wake dp up to help me as i am having to hold say my arm with he other arm and move it around to wake it up again!
sometimes it's just a bit dead or pins and needles but i get it all the time.

nutcracker Sun 29-May-05 18:13:55

I get it especially in my arms as I tend to sleep with them above my head and then they go dead.

coppertop Sun 29-May-05 18:41:57

It happens to me probably a couple of times a week but only in my arms. The whole thing goes completely numb and I have to pretty much drag my arm down the bed into a position where I can get the circulation going again. It usually happens when I fall asleep with one arm under the pillow.

WigWamBam Sun 29-May-05 18:44:01

Happens to me, too, usually when I've been lying on one of my arms. If it's just in the arms it could be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome, but as it's in your legs too, you're probably just lying a bit strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now