Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Think my Mooncup has given me a UTI- anyone else had this?

(5 Posts)
Pendulum Sun 23-Aug-09 18:23:51

Er... that's it really. I felt something was up yesterday pm so removed it and started a course of cystitis remedy. Was quite painful for a while.

Today I looked in the booklet that came with the mooncup and it said something like "if you experience pelvic burning, itching, urinary discomfort etc while using the mooncup, remove it and contact your doctor"

Just wondered whether this is a common-ish side-effect of mooncup use? Does it mean it was not clean enough? Am not looking forward to explaining to my ageing male GP tomorrow what on earth a 'mooncup' is.....

Frizbe Sun 23-Aug-09 18:27:04

Not had any bother with mine, though I do sterlise it after I've used it each month, hope you're ok now, good luck with Dr, let's hope he's enlightened....

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Sun 23-Aug-09 18:28:56

Never had any trouble with mine.

Stopfordian Sun 23-Aug-09 18:30:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pendulum Sun 23-Aug-09 20:18:56

thanks. frizbe, how do you sterilise yours? And do you do it before you use it again for the first time (I don't usually, but am wondering what I can do better next time)

stopfordian, I think I prob do that anyway without really thinking about it but will make mental note to check next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now