Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds2 has fallen and bumped his head and since been sick......

(24 Posts)
Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:27:40

......but seems fine now. Should I have him seen?
He seems fine, just a bit quieter, I think because he got quite a shock. He fell off a chair onto the wooden floor and cried immediately, then vomited a moment later.
I think the fact that he was crying so hard has made him sick and he's now playing happily. He's not sleepy or anything. It just worried me a little that he had been sick.

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 11:32:55

keep an eye to him Aero (which I'm sure that you are doing). I think that he should be ok, but be extra watchful. Not much help am I honey. I tend to get paranoid that they will fall asleep.

Actually, thinking about it properly the fact that he cried is a brilliant sign. He's probably quiet cos the tears have exhausted him.

Big hugs, hope he's ok now.

Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:37:40

That's pretty much what I thought and just wanted to reasure myself. He seems ok and is playing nicely. I doubt the experience will knock his climbing confidence!
Was just worried as dh is away working today at Alexandra Palace, so would take him forever to get back as also train delays!! Trust these things to happen while I'm here with all of them! So much for a quiet Sunday at home!!

WideWebWitch Sun 29-May-05 11:37:40

Agree with Marslady, if you're worried go to a&e but a doctor said to me recently 'a child who can play isn't is unlikely to be seriously ill' -this when I thought dd might have an ear infection. If he's playing and isn't sleepy, I'd keep an eye on him and only act if he deteriorates I think. Horrible though, isn't it?

WideWebWitch Sun 29-May-05 11:38:17

I meant 'a child who can play is unlikely to be seriously ill'

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 11:40:43

ooh Aero, I may go visit your DH. He's just up the road from me. What's he doing there then?

Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:41:10

It is www, but I do think he's fine - it was just the vomiting that threw me - normally I don't bat an eyelid at head bumps! I'll just keep a careful eye on him for a while before he goes for a (scheduled) sleep!

Louise1980 Sun 29-May-05 11:42:44

Like the others all said Id just keep an eye on him. If it was the back of his head its more likly to cause concussion than the face. I remember when my ds1 banged his head at nursery and vomited about an hour later. He'd banged his face and had a bit of diahorrea so I didnt think it could be concussion but when he went to A+E 24 hours after vomiting the nurse told me it was concussiona and I should have brought him in sooner! Turns out it was gastroentroitis, totally coincidental that it happened when he'd fallen.

Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:42:55

Ahhhhhh ML - you may well be interested. He's working at the Black Beauty Exhibition. Have you heard of it?

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 11:43:47

I forgot that was on. The one day that the area is flooded with black people lol. Must make sure my head looks good before leaving the house today lol

Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:45:07

pmsl!! My ex employer publishes the magazine and dh has gone along every year to help him with the banking side of things. I didn't know you lived close by.

Aero Sun 29-May-05 11:46:40

ps - ds2 is fine - he's just climbed right back up on that table!!! Clearly not old enough for understanding consequences!

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 11:56:58

well next year you'll just have to come with him and we can hang out. Alexandra Park is brilliant for kids and we could have lunch at mine or picnic and then your DH could collect you and you could all travel home together.

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:07:36

I will surely take you up on that! It's on tomorrow too (and we have no plans as yet). Thought I'd love to go, but think it may be on a par with the Notting Hill Carnival as far as loud music is concerned and don't think my poor old ears could cope with the volume these days!

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:09:58

Having said that, was in London yesterday and the trains were dreadfully delayed and seems it's that way today too! Took 2.5 hrs to do a 1hr journey! Both journeys too - very infuriating when have all three kids with us - though I must say in their favour, they behaved impeccably!

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 12:09:59

If the weather's good we could hang out tomorrow if you like. I love meeting strangers.

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 12:11:12

X post. Let's plan for next year then when the kids are a bit bigger and you are ready to face the journey again.

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:11:12

Heehee - I'll ask dh what the trains were like today and keep it in mind! I is a nice stranger - honest!

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:12:53

That is a good plan.
Ds2 has gone for a sleep now, so think he might wake up in better (less clumsy) form. Was in bed at 10pm last night despite leaving London at 7pm!!

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 12:15:32

no wonder he's falling over, poor child is exhausted. When you visit we'll have 8 kids between us. lol

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:18:54

Yes - def 8 and not 10!! No plans for any more from me by that time anyway! We'll look forward to it! Will put out a large call for you about the middle of next May! (Do you think you'll have flogged that bath seat by then lol?

MarsLady Sun 29-May-05 12:21:06

If I haven't I'll send it home with you for the imminent arrival (next summer lol)

Aero Sun 29-May-05 12:57:22

choke - <splutters lunch on keyboard>!! Ahem!
I don't think so!!!!!

Prufrock Sun 29-May-05 18:43:53

Aero, my ds (1) nearly always vomits when he has fallen over and bumped, purely because he is quite a snotty baby, and when he cries a lot it makes him cough and gag. If it's immediate, and seems obv. related to the crying, I wouldn't worry at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now