Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange First Period After Pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Tee2072 Sat 22-Aug-09 18:26:09

I gave birth just about 11 weeks ago. I started my period 8 days ago and it is still going strong.

Before I got pregnant my period never lasted more than 3 - 4 days. It would be one big gush (yeah, that was TMI, sorry) and a day or two of spotting. This has been consistent amounts for the whole 8 days.

Has anyone else had a change in their periods after being pregnant? Did it straighten itself out?

turtle23 Sat 22-Aug-09 18:42:47

My first one was the same. I thought it would never end and that it was going to be like that forever! It oes settle down after a few, though, don't worry.

Tee2072 Sat 22-Aug-09 21:23:51

Thanks Turtle!

bumpybecky Sat 22-Aug-09 21:26:26

My first periods after birth have all been odd too. A friend's first one after her ds2 was so bad she had to go to A&E for medication to stop it shock

PrammyMammy Sun 23-Aug-09 15:24:22

After giving birth in Dec, i didn't have my first until July, and after that it was December. Then i fell PG again so haven't had another since and am due in a few weeks. My first one lasted about 2 weeks, and my 2nd was only spotting for a couple of days.
Crazy what pregnancy does to your body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now