Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, my period's back after nearly two years - grim questions for fellow *mooncuppers*...

(6 Posts)
BintOfBohemia Sat 22-Aug-09 08:35:23

Have recently stopped night feeds with DS (1 tomorrow!) and it's finally back. (I was starting to get a bit worried, they came back after about 4 months the first time.)

Anyway, thanks to Mooncup I can fairly reliably tell that I am loosing about 7.5mls every 4 hours or so. I think this seems like quite a lot, but it's been so long I can't remember, and is the first period after so long supposed to be fairly heavy?

Second question - it can't vacuum your cervix out, can it? grin

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Sat 22-Aug-09 08:40:31

No to the second. But in answer to the first - yes the first few can be hideous. I'm on period 2 after four years of none erk! It's grim, grim I tell you. GP said 'a mooncup may not be enough' though whether she expects me to need a bucket or a swimming pool she refused to be drawn grin

BintOfBohemia Sat 22-Aug-09 08:45:42

Oh good, that's reassuring, thank you! (Great name, by the way.) I was a bit worried, it was getting a bit like a horror film.

Quite scary knowing that the ovaries are back in working order...

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Sat 22-Aug-09 09:23:23

Oh thanks, I'm losing it soon (I'm whomovedmychocolate and no-one recognises me at the mo!)

You can go to the doc and get a prescription for transxemic acid and nefamic acid if the bleeding continues to be profuse (these both reduce the bleeding and the pain).

BintOfBohemia Sat 22-Aug-09 09:27:59

Ahhh, hello! I didn't recognise you. Cheers for the tip. Not suffering too badly with pain at the moment, but it's funny, I was feeling really grouchy all week (was wondering if I needed to up my AD dose) and have been hoovering up chocolate...and then suddenly it all made sense.

I have been feeling a sharp pain in alternating ovaries over the last few weeks too, I'm hoping that's all related.

How on earth did you go four years without, by the way? grin

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Sat 22-Aug-09 09:33:40

Well DD is three, DS is one and I've breastfed both - so I was pregnant with DD for ten months and before her I had a miscarriage. So pretty much been in 'mother' mode since umm 2005 shock.

I am too knackered to have any more children though so periods it is for me from now on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now