Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

MRI recall

(12 Posts)
Milliways Sat 28-May-05 21:56:59

Went out shopping with DH today leaving children at home (DD is 14, DS 9.5). Came home after 1.5 hours and took DS out later.
On the way home he said "Did DD tell you about the phone call?" Apparently he had answered the phone and taken a message from the hospital. "They said it's nothing to worry about but they want to take some more pictures, and it's very important that I tell you"!
By the time I call they have all gone home, and I can't call until Tuesday am. My follow up appt for the results was booked for Wed 8th. Do you think I can get it done before then?
Can't help worrying now

Milliways Sat 28-May-05 22:55:07

Anyone else been recalled & then had good news?

sparklymieow Sat 28-May-05 22:58:40

It might be that the pics didn't come out well, a bit blurrly. I wouldn't panic yet.

Milliways Sat 28-May-05 23:00:34

Thanks - I know that's probably it. It's just not speaking to the hospital, and getting news from your 9 yr old is a bit of a stress. Especially when it's now a Bank Hol weekend!

sparklymieow Sat 28-May-05 23:02:41

It will be fine, My DS, DD1 and DD2 have all had MRI but DD2 was the only one not sedated (she was only 1 week old) but if you moved slightly it can make the pics blurry

Milliways Sat 28-May-05 23:04:08

Thanks

Milliways Wed 01-Jun-05 21:56:18

Got appt 10am tomorrow!

sparklymieow Wed 01-Jun-05 22:04:58

good luck!

Milliways Wed 01-Jun-05 22:06:49

cheers
At least I know the actual scan is nothing to worry about now!

sparklymieow Wed 01-Jun-05 22:07:45

you'll be fine..... let me know how it goes...

RTKangaMummy Thu 02-Jun-05 20:35:20

How was it???

Milliways Mon 06-Jun-05 16:31:11

Sorry - have been away.
The consultant wanted more pictures (at least it wasn't me wriggling!) and this time, instead of one scan for 25 mins I had a whole series of small ones with the bed being moved an inch or so every now & then. They also braced my legs in a different position. Don't know if this means they have found something & wanted a closer look, or found nothing so looking elsewhere?

Find out on Wednesday.
Thanks for asking

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: