Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grommets causing cough??

(5 Posts)
SamK Sat 28-May-05 20:15:52

Hi - advice pls. My 4 yr old ds had grommets put in about 3 wks ago. Since then he has a hacking cough day & night (worse at night). We just thought it was a bug or something, but it's going on & on. Could it be the grommets? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers.

Weatherwax Sat 28-May-05 20:44:14

No we didn't get this with dd1's gromits but remembering the discription of how the ears and throat are conected I would go to GP about this. Did your DS just have grommets? DD had her adenoids out at the same time and they were apparently quite enlarged.

Hope you get to the bottom of this

potty1 Sat 28-May-05 22:15:42

SamK - we have experience of grommits here but no cough (?). It could be that the grommits are draining the rubbish though and the cough is similar to post nasal drip (like catarrh) where the rubbish is draining down the back of the throat. It would cause a cough, particularly at night. Or something to do with the GA - maybe speak to your GP.

HTH

SamK Sun 29-May-05 13:47:21

Thanks both.

We are never out of the drs with ds2, so I didn't want to go again unless I had to, but I think you're both right - it's gone on long enough.

Cheers.

Aimsmum Mon 30-May-05 13:09:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now