Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it common for a wound that hasn't been too painful, to become agony after stitches are removed?

(10 Posts)
Aimsmum Thu 20-Aug-09 20:24:27

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Thu 20-Aug-09 22:00:09

Message withdrawn

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 20-Aug-09 22:01:43

Is it red/swollen/oozing gunk/hot?

pickyvic Thu 20-Aug-09 22:05:50

could just be from the tugging....keep an eye on it as generally no it shouldnt hurt more now than when it was done. fluffy is right - is it any of the above? if so could be infected. if its no better in a day or so id see gp.

Aimsmum Thu 20-Aug-09 22:12:03

Message withdrawn

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 20-Aug-09 22:15:09

Is it red around the site or where the stitches have been? By this I mean the spots where the stitches have been will be small, red ones, is it red like a bruise red with the hole in the middle?

Aimsmum Thu 20-Aug-09 23:19:28

Message withdrawn

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 20-Aug-09 23:27:12

Ah, it may be a good idea to pop and see the practice nurse tomorrow and get her to clean it and check it, just incase there's a bit of infection there, it's best to nip it in the bud IYKWIM. smile

Aimsmum Fri 21-Aug-09 19:44:21

Message withdrawn

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 21-Aug-09 19:45:51

You are more then welcome. I'm so pleased it's less painful, an infection is a PITA to clear. I'm really happy it was nothing! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now