Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

baldy spot on head

(6 Posts)
courtneylovescox Thu 20-Aug-09 18:50:34

right at the front, like a 2p. it's not growing back anyone have anything similar, now worrying about it

courtneylovescox Thu 20-Aug-09 18:50:46

or probably more 1p

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Aug-09 18:51:28

on you?

stressed about anything atm?

courtneylovescox Thu 20-Aug-09 18:54:09

yes on me, been stressed about normal things, holiday/work nothing out of the ordinary

Andrea157 Thu 20-Aug-09 21:53:00

Hi,

I'm in the same situation - I had my daughter 3 months ago and about 4 weeks ago my hair started to fall out quite considerably - infact my temples and front part of my hair (fringe) are completely bare, it's very distressing. I've had a lot of stress since the little one's been born (husband very unwell) and I've not been eating all the things I should be - basically because I've been rushed off my feet. I understand that post pregnancy all woman (or most anyway) shed some hair - initially I wasn't overlly concerned as this is what I was expecting, but now I just dread getting up in the morning and looking at the pillow or my PJ's, having a shower is also an ordeal, the amount of hair that falls out is trully terrifying and then I've got to comb my hair once out, which constitutes more hair falling out. I've been told it's all hormonal and that things will eventually settle down - but quite frankly I just wish things would settle down now before I end up completely bald.

So you sure not alone!!

mathanxiety Fri 21-Aug-09 06:49:44

Ringworm possibly? Is the spot circular or roughly so? It's a fungus, not a worm, tinnea corporis, causes hair to fall out in a circular patch that grows gradually as the fungus spreads (like a mushroom ring in a field). You'll need ointment to cure it. On the rest of the body it can be identified by a reddish circle, like a letter O, that grows. Athletes foot ointment will cure it on the rest of the body, but you may need something else for the scalp. Get it checked out before you try anything. It's spread very easily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now