Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 weeks post c-section, bleeding restarted after stopping completely

(4 Posts)
stinkymalinkireturns Thu 20-Aug-09 17:59:37

My post-delivery lochia bleeding had stopped pretty much completely, then after getting up close and personal with DP (though no actual penetrationblush) yesterday morning, i've started bleeding again, a lot more than before, kind of like a standard period, associated with a slight low achey discomfort.

Without being too TMI, its not bright red like period blood, more a dark reddy-brown like red wine, and quite watery. i'm having to change a pad every 4-6 hours, whereas prior to yesterday morning i was just using a panty liner daily more for 'in case'. Is this normal, or should i be concerned? DP is terrified he's caused me some sort of internal damageshock

NotEvenTheTrees Thu 20-Aug-09 18:04:33

If you're only 2 weeks post partum you'll still be under midwife care. I'd call for a chat.

You can start bleeding again if you do too much too soon but that's usually bright red blood.

Are you well? Any offensive smell?

GreenPeas Thu 20-Aug-09 18:04:39

Oh, I had exactly this, post CS. There I was thinking that "6 weeks" post delivery bleeding was a massive overstatement and then it picked up again, as you described. Totally annoying but, in my experience, it was totally normal.

HTH

stinkymalinkireturns Thu 20-Aug-09 18:35:40

Thanks for your replies.

The midwife is due for a visit tomorrow so i'll ask then. I am otherwise well, and no offensive smell, just a slight intermittent low achey discomfort as previously mentioned (but that could just be from my caesarean scar site). I have probably been overdoing it - i'm not very good at the whole resting thing - so i was deliberately taking it easier today to see if things settled which they haven't. I guess i'll see how things go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now