Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Green pooh !!!

(8 Posts)
Britabroad Thu 15-May-03 11:10:55

Ds ages two keeps having greenie khaki pooh!! Hasn't been eating crayons, loads of broccoli or anything, so is it anything to worry about? Help!

monkey Thu 15-May-03 12:00:52

How old is he?

Mine at a few months (can't remember exactly) had green poo. Saw doc who just said don't worry. Next time I took in a nappy to show him - by the time I got it there is was glowing neon! Oh - I see what you mean, he said. He sent off a sample for analysis & it came back neg - probably had had a mild tummy bug but had worked its was through his system. See doc if worried. How long has it been going on?

Are you abroad I take it? Where? (Just to be nosey!) Does he otherwise seem ok? I'd be inclined not to worry if he otherwise seems ok tbh.

monkey Thu 15-May-03 12:01:38

sorry - totally blind & overlooked you said he's 2.

Britabroad Thu 15-May-03 12:07:03

Had it off and on for around a month.
We are in Auckland. Have just bought a house here and are too happy.

Britabroad Thu 15-May-03 12:08:21

Will book an appointment at docs tomorrow.
Over here can phone in morning and get an appointment straight away. It's great!

Jimjams Thu 15-May-03 13:26:16

Ummm ds2 had green pooh for ages- although this was staright after birth can indicate too much sugar in poo I seem to remember very rustily. In his case he had a cord infection and was starving! (Although may be different as it was when he was being totally bfed).

Best to get it checked ....

sibble Fri 16-May-03 00:05:35

Hi Britabroad
Is he eating iced cakes from e.g foodtown or pak and Save - the blue ones turn the pooh fluroescent green!!! Thought DS was really sick until worked it out - took about a month of working through foods.
See you this afternoon

Britabroad Fri 16-May-03 00:10:41

Hi Sibble dont forget wine in brown paper bag!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: