Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Best long term contraceptive

(6 Posts)
jofeb04 Sat 28-May-05 11:00:00

Hiya,
We are due in september with our 2nd child, and both me and dh only want to have 2 children due to a large number of factors.
However, we are olso talking about long term contraceptive and whats best for us both. We were thinking of sterilisation for one of us, we're both willing to do it, but some of mn's offered some good advice about our age (im only 23, dh is 24).
What else is there out there? I was on the pill for many years, and prefer not to do that again!

morningpaper Sat 28-May-05 11:02:59

Vaginal birth and breastfeeding was pretty effective for a long time for me...

Seriously though, have you looked into the Mirena coil?

jofeb04 Sat 28-May-05 11:03:35

Havent really looked into anything tbh!!
Not sure whats best for us.

Yorkiegirl Sat 28-May-05 11:04:54

Message withdrawn

Pinotmum Sat 28-May-05 11:09:06

I'm older than you but not planning to have more children and am considering the coil. I have just been given leaflets but my Gp to look at as I don't want to remain on the pill. I remember being given leaflets in hospital when I gave birth to ds outlining all the contraceptive choices but as I bf ds for a year I just haven't got round to doing anything about it. I think the Mirena sounds good.

morningpaper Sat 28-May-05 11:09:51

I used a mirena for a few years and found it brilliant. It has the same failure rate as sterilisation (I believe) which is virtually nil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now