Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush...help needed...sorry if TMI

(6 Posts)
LobstersLass Wed 19-Aug-09 22:41:27

Last time dh and I had sex we both got thrush. Neither of us thought we had it before hand. Anyway, got some Canesten for both of us, left it a while (about 10 days) had another go and it's happened again!

Why do neither of us have thrush until we have sex, and then we both get it?!

Also, we're TTC at the moment, could this be affecting our chances?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the grotty subject matter!

Mousey84 Wed 19-Aug-09 23:19:17

Did you only apply the canesten only one time? It may need repeated for a few days.

I use a generic treatment (cheaper than canestan), but it says you arent supposed to use it while ttc for some reason - do check the leaflet that came with it

LobstersLass Wed 19-Aug-09 23:25:57

No, used it for a few days until no more signs. It had cleared up before tried again. Really don't understand what's going on! Never happened before!

Thanks for replying!

BitOfFun Wed 19-Aug-09 23:31:41

Try both taking the oral treatment (you might have to lay off the shagging for a week though). Some people are just prone to it though. Perhaps try a supplement of acidophillus for a while too, as a preventative?

whingingDailyHateMail Wed 19-Aug-09 23:34:14

Did you treat yourself with just the 1 or 2 percent cream? It soothes the outside but doesn't clear it. You need either the pessary, or the internal cream to get rid.

If still persisting, would have a word with GP.

LobstersLass Wed 19-Aug-09 23:45:27

Thank you, will pop to the chemist and get some better supplies.

What surprised me was that we both thought it had cleared up, then after having sex we've both got it again! Damn it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now