Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to be pregnant and still regular periods/bleeding?

(14 Posts)
Claire2009 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:14:43

Well, I've been asked 4 times in the last 8wks if I'm pregnant!

I'm 5"8 and 11 stone, a size 12-14 but my belly is really pregnant looking lately, it's crazy.

I've put on 4-5 lbs, nothing major.

I'm sure I'm just fat and imagining all this.blush

AcademicMum Wed 19-Aug-09 22:22:11

I think that yes it is possible. I got light bleeding with ds2 at 6 or 7 weeks, heavy bleeding at 12 weeks and really heavy bleeding at 26 weeks. You could take a test? At least then you'd know and if you're not you can find some cutting remarks for the people who have been asking smile.

Claire2009 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:33:27

I think I might take a test.
I'm bleeding every month but irregular, getting AF related pains each month. Something doesn't feel right though, I feel pretty 'in tune' with my body and it feels as though I am pregnant.

I posted the other day about feeling flutters in my tummy, but I'd be 8-9wks, would that not be too early? blush

My exbf has 2 children from a previous r/s, the mothers' both had regular bleeding throughout their pregnancies with his baby hmm I can't find out anymore info on this unfortunately.

I have 2 children and on both of them I had MS from 4-5 days before AF was due to 22wks, I have none of that but still something isn't right.

If I have regular bleeding is a preg test likely to be accurate?

PacificDogwood Wed 19-Aug-09 22:36:28

Get thee to a test, woman!

I bled 3x in monthly intervals until I twigged I was up the duff!!

Test, and if negative, repeat in a week.

AcademicMum Wed 19-Aug-09 22:41:01

I think it should be as the hormone tested for in pregnancy tests is unique in pregnancy so it should still show up. 8-9 weeks would be plenty of time for a positive test.

Claire2009 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:42:39

PD, If neg why should I test in a week?

Sorry if this sounds really really dim but I'd have thought if it was neg then that's correct?

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 19-Aug-09 22:47:06

I was going to post about this. I am feeling little twitches in my belly EXACTLY like early movements. It's uncanny and very disconcerting. Doesn't feel at all like gas.

I am currently on my period and have been on the pill since DS2 who is now 3. I have forgotten to take it a couple of times the past few months but have just not let DH near me for the next 7 days after a missed pill!

I really don't see how I could be pregnant ad so it has not even crossed my mind to do a PG test up till now, but these flutterings are just wierd.....

Claire2009 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:49:53

CHA, I get these 'movements' everyday, as soon as I sit down and relax they arrive. And like your's, they really do NOT feel like gas/vowel related.

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 19-Aug-09 23:02:22

Yep, I've been getting them either when I'm lying down in bed or sitting down in front of the telly. Which is exatly what happened when I first noticed movement with the two DSs.

I've not put on any weight though. Mind you, I only put on a stone and a bit when pregnant each time before.

If my flutterings get any worse I'll be doing a test. Will be watching with interest to see if you do too!

Claire2009 Wed 19-Aug-09 23:07:12

That's what I told myself, will give it time, obviously if I get bigger/flutterings get stronger than I'll know wink

It's just deciding whether to test or ignore....

(I put 5 stone on per pregnancy shock blush)

PacificDogwood Thu 20-Aug-09 12:47:30

Claire, I have just come back to this: I suggest repeat testing because I had a negative test at @ 5 weeks which was then + a week later. This was with DS1 when I was pretty much testing in hourly intervals (ok, slight exaggeration, but you ge my drift wink).

When expecting DS2 I bled 6 weeks after stopping BF DS1, bled again in 4 weekly intervals so thought nothing of it. Because the last bleed was a bit light, I tested just for the heck of it... I had "early" scan due to recurring MCs and was hoping to see fluttering fetal heart when this enormous child of 16 weeks gestation waved back at me grin!

CurlyhairedAssassin Thu 20-Aug-09 14:05:57

oh my god, how scary PacificDogwood! Didn't you have any other symptoms?

Claire2009 Thu 20-Aug-09 16:33:34

OMG PD, bet that was a fright shock grin

Well, I got a cheapy test and it was neg straight away, might just see what happens now with regards to flutters ...hmm

CurlyhairedAssassin Thu 20-Aug-09 21:58:26

Phew, Claire2009! (unless you wanted to be pregnant that is!)

I was thinking about getting a cheapy test. Am v loathe to waste ANY money on it though as I'm 99% sure I'm not.

I just want to know what the flutters are. If you find out let me know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now