Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how do kids endure the pain of scrubbed knees!

(4 Posts)
pickyvic Wed 19-Aug-09 19:16:21

i have a new found respect for all the poor little grazed knees i have tended over the years.

last night i went arse over tit on the drive, ive broken my big toe and grazed my knees really badly -
now i have given birth to 2 children (and one without pain relief)....but i have to admit i blubbed like a big baby over my scrubbed knees!
it bloody hurts. never again will i tell anyone poor wee mite to be brave!

*hobbling feeble emoticon*

chuckeyegg Thu 20-Aug-09 08:48:28

Hope your feeling a bit better, I thought I'd cracked a rib last week. I was in real pain but I think they are badly bruised.

I always had scabby knees as a child and I remembering it hurting.

I think as an adult you really fall hard maybe it's because we weigh a bit more. wink

pickyvic Thu 20-Aug-09 17:56:12

i weigh alot more! lol

thanks though....i just cant believe how much it hurts! i cant even sleep under the covers in case they touch my knees.! i am being a big wuss but its still hurting, especially if ive been sitting and then try to stand or vice versa....you see littleys running about with their little knees scrubbed -
respect! lol

CarGirl Thu 20-Aug-09 17:58:09

I vividly remember falling over around the age of 7 and taking out huge chunks of flesh and the school nurse having to try and pick out the playground grit.

I have never forgotton the agony and crying when having a bath and trying to take the plaster off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now