Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gungy eye!

(7 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 27-May-05 22:54:22

ds had got a gungy eye, its not swollen or red or sore just yellow gunge all the time doesnt seem to be bothering him and his other eye is fine so i dont think its conjunctivitus what should i do g.p or bathe it and see what happens??? anyone?

lucy5 Fri 27-May-05 22:55:38

How old is he? I used to wipe dd's eye with breastmilk but that might be a bit difficult if he's 5.

tiffini Fri 27-May-05 22:55:41

conjunctivitus does'nt always mean sore red eyes, it can just be the gunkiness

charleepeters Fri 27-May-05 22:56:50

hes 9 months, conjunctivitus usualy is in both eyes and is contagus hes had it for 3 days and both me and dp are fine. when i had it my eye was itchy and sore, but ds doesnt seem bothered

lucy5 Fri 27-May-05 22:58:48

blocked tear duct maybe, I'd go to the docs when you can just to reassure yourself.

tiffini Fri 27-May-05 22:59:06

My DD often gets conjunctivitus, due to both her tear ducts being blocked, and quite often it is only in 1 eye, and sometimes spreads to the other eye.

charleepeters Fri 27-May-05 23:00:24

didnt know that tiffini, i think i will bathe it for a couple of days and take him on moday if its not better, he had an infection in it about 5 monthsa ago but that was noticalby sore and swolen this is just gungy and watery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now