Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Will dd lose her tooth?

(5 Posts)
jellyhead Fri 27-May-05 19:58:56

My dd age 4 fell over at nursery today. When she cleaned her teeth tonight I realised a front one was loose.
Do I need to take her to a dentist asap bearing in mind its a bank holiday weekend and does any one know if it will fall out or go black?

jenkel Fri 27-May-05 20:02:06

My friends little girl fell over and chipped one of her baby teeth, she was 2 at the time. She took her to the dentist but they said there was nothing they could really do, wasnt sure if the tooth would fall out or turn black, depends on if the nerve was damaged. However, 6 months later the chipped tooth is still there and isnt black. So based on that, dont think its worth going to the dentist. And they eventually lose baby teeth anyway and I dont think they do anything to baby teeth as such.

HappyMumof2 Fri 27-May-05 20:38:36

Message withdrawn

BadgerBadger Sat 28-May-05 23:43:15

My sister fell off her bike when whe was four or five, she knocked her front teeth very hard and they were extremely loose (it was a bloody mess TBH).

She was rushed to the dentist, but they said to leave them and the gum would would tighten up again. It did and she had no further problems

jellyhead Sun 29-May-05 10:29:30

Thanks for the replies, I am hoping it will stay in and going to the dentist next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now