Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Its too darn hot...........

(4 Posts)
SophieSkaterina Fri 27-May-05 19:35:33

Not that I want to complain because its also too bloody wonderful - but my angel baby (and his fat for the first time in the summer Mummy) are really suffering. DS is 4.5 months old and has been wailing all day. I am trying everything - fans, cool baths, rolling around on the deck in the shade naked ( this is all the baby by the way - not me), extra BF incase of dehydration - everything I can think of.. and none of it has made him happy. Please someone tell me he will get used to the heat (poor January Baby - has only just got used to sunshine!) or should I order my air conditioning unit now??

Janh Fri 27-May-05 20:34:40

Or you could move to Lancashire.....

Yes, he will get used to it, SS, although it might have stopped again by the time he does. He's at a difficult age for heat because he can't sit up and have air flowing around him, or sit in a paddling pool in the shade - I'm not sure when babies develop a proper internal thermostat, I know they're not born with one which is why they need to be warm for the first few months.

Oh - I just checked the BBC 5-day forecast for London (I assume you are down there somewhere?) and tomorrow's day will be cooler than tonight's night so he should be OK then anyway!

Lonelymum Fri 27-May-05 20:51:50

I think he will adapt. I felt a bit ill this pm in the way I do most days when it is very hot, but today isn't really that hot. I came to the conclusion that it is just that today is so much hotter than it has been - a bit too much of a jump IYKWIM.

So from now on, are we going back to winter?

SophieSkaterina Mon 06-Jun-05 12:17:56

THANK YOU for these. Sorry didn't get back to you before - but you were both right. True to form the sunshine vanished before we got a chance to acclimatise! Many thanksXXX S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now