Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it me, or is it hot in here?

(6 Posts)
WigWamBam Fri 27-May-05 14:41:33

I've been having night sweats at least three times a week for the last few months, and now over the last two or three weeks I'm getting hot flushes in the day as well. I'm only 42 and my periods are the most regular they have ever been, so I don't think it's the menopause yet. It's not that warm here today, yet I'm sitting here dripping wet with sweat - it's pouring off me. I've had two showers in the last two hours to cool down, and it's not working.

What else causes sweats apart from menopause? And what can I do to relieve them?

<slinks off for another shower>

expatinscotland Fri 27-May-05 14:42:17

Perimenopause can cause them as well.

sparklymieow Fri 27-May-05 14:43:22

I'm 26 n=and recently the sweat has been pouring off me, I think its just be muggy and horrible.

WigWamBam Fri 27-May-05 14:45:55

It's not that hot here today though, sparkly. Perimenopause sounds as thrilling as menopause does ...

KBear Fri 27-May-05 14:47:42

over-active thyroid causes sweats and palpitations but you would probably have other symptons if it was this, not least mood swings!

WigWamBam Fri 27-May-05 14:50:14

I have an underactive thyroid and I'm taking thyroxine, so it's not that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now