Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had surgery on the NHS to match up different size breasts?

(3 Posts)
allaboutme Mon 17-Aug-09 17:57:22

I am wondering if this is something that would be available on the NHS and if so whether anyone has experienced it?
or if not, does anyone else have different sized breasts and opted to leave them as they are?
Mine are at least a size difference and fairly large so it is quite noticeable (to me anyway!!). I can never find a bra to fit nicely.
I'd like them both to be the size of the smaller one if possible.

Any experience???

allaboutme Mon 17-Aug-09 20:01:29

smile

l39 Mon 17-Aug-09 20:49:29

You'd have to convince your doctor that your mental health was threatened by the difference, I think. I know someone who had her breasts enlarged on the NHS. She told her doctor that she hated her body, never felt attractive, had no confidence because of her flatchested state, and so on (which was not entirely true ).
Someone else I know wants her breasts reduced. Even though they cause her backache, her doctor says the NHS probably won't do it unless it's causing her mental problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now