Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore eyelid

(7 Posts)
LIZS Mon 17-Aug-09 16:52:20

One eyelid has been sensitive on and off so avoid eyeshadow as far as possible. Now it feels as though I've scratched it and is quite red just under the socket. Any suggestions as to how to calm it down please.

LIZS Tue 18-Aug-09 09:15:36

anyone ? Tried a baby cream last night !

Chevre Tue 18-Aug-09 09:19:46

go to chemist and get golden eye or some generic equivelent.

also bathing with clean hot flannel helps.

good luck, i get this alot and really miss mascara

ministryofsleep Tue 18-Aug-09 09:37:39

hi LIZS, I would go and get it checked out, I had a sore and irritable eyelid, went to the eye infirmary to get it checked as it was getting to the point where I couldn't wear my contacts, anyway I discovered I have had an ulcer on my eye and am currently 3 weeks into antibiotic drops and steroid drops to try and clear it. It was sensitive on and off for a good few weeks beforehand now I think about it, but the pain when the ulcer really took hold was unbearable. HTH

LIZS Tue 18-Aug-09 10:38:00

It is actually sore on the outside of upper lid though, along the socket line, eye itself feels fine.

ministryofsleep Tue 18-Aug-09 11:25:51

ah sorry - mine was sore on the inside of the eyelid, although the ulcer was actually on the bottom of my eye - doctors at the eye infirmary said the ulcer had affected the nerves in my eyelid which was why I was feeling pain there - don't know if this would affect the outsidce of your eye though. Could it be excema?

magso Tue 18-Aug-09 12:26:30

I would go to the GP!
I steel ds E45junior but my DP ( who gets ?exzema/psoriasis) gets sore skin on his upper lids often ( no where near the lashes or eye itself) and he puts a tiny smear of vasaline on it!! I would not advise this ( but you cannot tell a man especially as it works for him)- a thinner water based lotion might be better. I do know you should not put steriod cream on or near eyes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now