Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tingling,itchy fingers

(9 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician Mon 17-Aug-09 16:23:57

Wondered if anyone has any ideas as i went to the doctor today and she had no idea said if gets worse to go back and could only guess at scabies which im pretty sure it is not.

Anyway i have an on and off numbness in the tips of my fingers and a tingling sensation.My hands and feet are itchy and i have a slight dotty rash on my abdomen.I have an ear and throat infection at the moment so not sure if it is all connected.I started getting the itching symptoms,numbness and rash last night.

Any ideas or am i just being silly.

Bessie123 Mon 17-Aug-09 16:31:48

have you changed your washing powder recently? Fairy gives me itchy palms and soles of feet.

BeauticianNotMagician Mon 17-Aug-09 16:43:52

Hi Bessie123 thanks for such a quick response.No i have been using the ariel gel for quite a few months now.

The numbness in tips of fingers is the scariest thing it feels so strange putting pressure on them when holding things.

bluejeans Mon 17-Aug-09 17:01:32

It could be hand foot and mouth disease - do you have mouth ulcers too? I caught this from DD when she was a baby and a colleague (ex nurse) told me it was scabies angry

BeauticianNotMagician Mon 17-Aug-09 18:05:47

Bluejeans no i dont have any spots/ulcers in my mouth.Just my body really mostly tummy and around my boobs but maybe it is just a heat rash as i have been having hot sweats since my throat infection started and waves of nausea.Hopefully it will go as quick as it came.

I started at the gym a few weeks ago as well have recently lost three stone and was thinking yay im getting healthy now but since i lost weight i seem to be constantly ill.

bluejeans Mon 17-Aug-09 19:35:55

Hope you manage to get a diagnosis and feel better soon Beautician - it sounds most unpleasant

and well done with the weight loss. I rejoined my gym yesterday - here's hoping

BeauticianNotMagician Mon 17-Aug-09 20:08:32

Thank you Bluejeans.
I think im just worrying as i have been ill a lot lately and as a single mum i panic about my boys in case i ever get too ill.Im sure its probably just an extra sympton of the infection.
Good luck with the gym i have been really enjoying it i lost my weight with weight watchers one more stone to go.smile

wifeofdoom Mon 17-Aug-09 20:18:03

I get this with hazelnuts and if I eat too much melon! Could it be anything like that? Mine tends to go quickly though,

BeauticianNotMagician Mon 17-Aug-09 20:30:02

I had some new throat sweets last night.Still got the numb fingers now.Do you think maybe it is an allergy.

Now it is night and im starting to get warmer my feet are itching a lot more now as well and havent bothered me as much in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now