Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen Peeling Hands

(3 Posts)
10krunner Mon 17-Aug-09 08:42:49

Hi All,
I woke up 10 days ago with swollen hands which had tiny blisters on the pads of the fingers and tiny bumps over the rest of the flat of the hand (nothing at all on the top). Since then the blisters have disappeared but the skin is peeling big style, more than you'd think if you'd seen the size of the blisters. Also, they are still more swollen than normal and they hurt inside if I clench them - any ideas anyone? I did go to a walk-in centre about a week ago as I was on holiday when it happened but the nurse didn't know what it was and said if I got worried to see a GP. I don't really want to wait 3 weeks to see my GP so was wondering if anyone had any ideas of something I could try on them.

Thanks everyone.
Sue

ChopsTheDuck Mon 17-Aug-09 08:46:33

I'd go to a pharmacy and ask their advice. Sounds a bit like an allergic reaction to something - contact dermatitis.

10krunner Mon 17-Aug-09 08:56:05

it seems strange to me that a staff nurse at a walk in centre didn't know what it was, surely contact dermatitis is really common?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now