Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think i might have tonsilitis (sp) but will the GP see me?

(4 Posts)
Marne Mon 17-Aug-09 08:18:55

I have a bit of a cold and my throat is really sore, i'm prone to tonsilitis and could do with some Aniti-b's to clear it up. Will the GP see me as my symptoms are slightly high temp, soar throat and runny nose, will they class this as SF?

I don't think it is SW, i have been around my friends little girl who has a chest infection and cold so maybe i got it from her.

Should i just stay in bed or try and see the GP? i don't really feel ill just sore.

MIAonline Mon 17-Aug-09 08:21:57

Just phone the Doctors surgery and speak to the Doctor. Most will speak to you over the phone and they will tell you what to do.

MadameCastafiore Mon 17-Aug-09 08:25:33

Go to the chemist and get yourtself some hydrogen peroxide, dilute 1 part HP tp 4 parts water and gargle.

It tastes like what I imagine licking Bob Geldofs gonads to taste like and will fizz up this awful smelly, gag inducing foam but that is the bacteria being oxidised and therefore killed and so in a few hours you will be infection and pain free.

That is if it is tinsilitus!

Everyone looks at me like I am a weirdo when I tell them to do this but after years of suffering with tonsilitus and becoming immune to the antibiotics it is the only thing I could do and I wish to god I had found out years earlier and not had a course of antibiotics every month.

Milliways Mon 17-Aug-09 09:58:18

DD was seen fo what turned out to be laryngitis last week.

I work at a surgery and know that some GPs were concerned that things like tonsillitis would be lost in the SF season.

Just phone and ask for an appt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now