Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Rash....any suggestions?

(12 Posts)
robin3 Fri 27-May-05 11:48:12

DS has a slight rash which is now all over. Slightly raised bumps under the skin but well spaced out. He doesn't appear to have any other symptoms nor be experiencing any itching.

Sometimes he gets a heat rash but it's finer and in patches.

We haven't used any new detergents/creams. We only ever apply olive oil, vaseline to his skin.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

biglips Fri 27-May-05 12:18:58

mine was going thru a phase of that too till i put on baby simple cream on her body and the heat rash and dry patches went straight away

i bathed baba in johnson babys bath and i put on simple cream on her, smooth as it should be.

robin3 Fri 27-May-05 12:29:23

Thanks. Where did yu get the simple cream...is simple the brand?

hunkermunker Fri 27-May-05 12:31:00

What do you use in his bath? Any bubbles?

HappyMumof2 Fri 27-May-05 12:36:41

Message withdrawn

robin3 Fri 27-May-05 12:40:28

Don't use anything in the bath.

We were prescribed a antihystemine (?) cream for the heat rash and used this for a few days until it died down.

What is a viral rash....is it just a rash or does it mean they have a virus and the rash is a symptom. Could this be a nursery thing i.e. caught from other children?

HappyMumof2 Fri 27-May-05 13:24:08

Message withdrawn

robin3 Fri 27-May-05 13:32:31

Blimey....he's 18 months and yes he goes to nursery 3 days a week. Guess it's a trip to the doctors?

HappyMumof2 Fri 27-May-05 13:38:29

Message withdrawn

robin3 Fri 27-May-05 13:39:32

Thanks for this....hasn't actually got any on his face or neck but I will get it checked out.

HappyMumof2 Fri 27-May-05 13:41:20

Message withdrawn

Jillyk Fri 27-May-05 14:12:02

My ds had a viral rash a couple of weeks ago. It was discovered at nursery while they were changing his nappy. He had a high temp a couple of days before but was fine that morning. Got it checked out at the doctors and she said he was fine. Rash was red and on his trunk and legs, skin felt smooth to the touch and he wasn't itchy. Doctor said it is quite common in kids and usually appears as they are getting over the infection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: