Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

recurrent mouth ulcers.....

(4 Posts)
littleweed Sun 16-Aug-09 18:42:58

any other sufferers & what do you do about them? now have my third in as many weeks & its driving me mad - one was a bitten inside lip, no idea about the other 2 though suspect lack of decent quality sleep might ahve somehting to do with it.
been using orabase but its foul!

YanknCock Sun 16-Aug-09 18:52:43

I tend to get them when I'm a bit run down. They're a sign to make sure I'm taking my vitamins, getting enough sleep, and trying to relax more. Tend to get them as a precursor to getting a cold--which oddly enough I've not had since I've been pregnant (though DH has brought loads of lurgy home from his office).

I use stuff that forms a seal over them, but can't remember if that is Orabase or something else?

HaggisNeepsnTatties Sun 16-Aug-09 18:54:39

I think I read somewhere that too much vitamin C can cause mouth ulcers??

mathanxiety Mon 17-Aug-09 08:08:54

Try strong cinnamon flavour chewing gum. There's some sort of oil in it that numbs or heals the sores, calms them down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now