Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Head lice. I promise I'm not going to do this but....

(7 Posts)
seeker Sun 16-Aug-09 17:11:21

...why can't you use Frontline on children? I never use any insecticidal stuff at all, but for the people who do, why isn't there a similar product?

clayre Sun 16-Aug-09 17:14:34

i have often wondered this when de-fleaing the cats

petitmaman Sun 16-Aug-09 17:16:57

ahem. a friend of mine has just this o her dd. personally i would nt but she reports great results.

seeker Sun 16-Aug-09 17:25:43

I was just de-fleaing the cats and wished I could line up my 8 year old nit magnet with the feline fleabags!

stleger Sun 16-Aug-09 17:27:47

There was a thread on this a while ago, and I did consider the possibilities. (Although there were a couple of people advising against its horrible long term effects). Dh won't let me experiment on my nit magnet who has sensitive skin, one of the sensitivities being to tea tree.

GrimmaTheNome Sun 16-Aug-09 17:31:29

It won't have got approval for human use - I found this:

It is classed as a Possible Human Carcinogen based on the studies done on rats. Constant exposure is the worry and there was a warning issued in 1996 regarding the Frontline spray product to all pet groomers and veterinarians who would be exposed at a far greater level than the public as there is a greater chance of inhalation and absorption of the product through the skin at increasing doses with these professions.

mathanxiety Mon 17-Aug-09 08:12:15

Coconut scented shampoo and conditioner were used with good results to repel nits that almost closed down my DCs' school last winter. Also keep hair tied up or short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now