Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ouch Ouch, post birth hemorrhoid the size of a grape - HELP!!

(8 Posts)
HeinzSight Sat 15-Aug-09 09:35:06

I've never had this before!! baby is 3 days old and I've got a v sore bot, what do I do !!!!????????????

It hurts to sit down, I NEED to sit down to feed baby!

SpawnChorus Sat 15-Aug-09 09:38:52

Try pushing it back in (gently! maybe with lube if you have some)

Witch Hazel on a pad shoved between your botty cheeks? Esp good if chilled in fridge.

Try feeding lying down?

Try a "valley cushion"?

Sympathy!

dcgc Sat 15-Aug-09 10:11:38

Big big sympathy! I suffered/am suffering with this too! I found that getting some prescription cream from docs/suppositories helped ease it (still suffering 5 months down the line - sorry). I know it's a cliche, but try to eat loads of fibre/freash fruit/water as this really does help.

TheDMHatesMe Sat 15-Aug-09 10:17:22

Poor you - I had this too. In the first week or so I had to lay DD on the changing table and feed her standing up shock

Feeding lying down is also brilliant, but I hadn't cracked it by then.

Something cold definitely helps - can somebody get you a soft ice pack which you could wrap in a muslin and put on it?

Have a chat to your MW and see if she can give some something on prescription. I found the ointments with zinc in them (Anusol etc) worse than useless and my MW agreed. You need a gel-like cream, imo.

HeinzSight Sat 15-Aug-09 11:40:21

thank you smile

I phoned docs and they've faxed a prescription to chemist. ouch ouch

TheDMHatesMe Sat 15-Aug-09 12:36:15

It's grim isn't it! I spent most of the two weeks after DD was born discussing my piles with MW, doctor, parents, MIL shock

A word of warning - just don't let yourself get constipated. I did and it was horrific. Ask whoever is going to chemists to get you some prunes!

Congrats on your baby BTW. I still look back on those two weeks as the best of my life, piles or no piles smile

Ceolas Sat 15-Aug-09 12:38:37

After my last birth mw suggested filling a condom with water and putting it in the freezer. Becomes an ideally shaped ice pack!

Never tried it myself but it might be worth a go?

mathanxiety Mon 17-Aug-09 08:24:02

You should go and have it lanced in the A&E asap. Don't bother with the creams. You have to be able to sit down, rest and recover fromthe delivery. You'll have to have a bm sometime soon, after all. They will give you a local anesthetic and lance it -- believe me, I've done it after 9lbs baby was born. I had what they said was a thrombosed hemerrhoid -- and I thought I could cry for relief when it was gone. I couldn't even sit down in the car all the way to the hospital to get it done, and I could have ridden a bike home again. Felt SO much better. Hurry -- you don't have to suffer like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now