Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diet

(4 Posts)
spambolina Sat 15-Aug-09 08:20:00

Can anyone recommend a diet? I have tried cutting back on sweet things- biscuits, chocolate, desserts, and started to go to the gymn but the weight will not shift. I really want to loose it off the breasts as I'm huge and its so uncomfortable. Getting disheartened.

Plonketyplonk Sat 15-Aug-09 10:07:20

A good breakfast, including protein will stave off hunger till lunch. Soup at lunch will keep you fuller for longer than a salad. A small increase in exercise can make a difference.

I think that a lot of diet and weight stuff is quite lifestyle-based, which is why diets don't work. Habits are hard to break and possibly you are focussing (sp) too much on the weight, rather than other things that you could change a bit.

I hope I don't sound ridiculous, but I do think that we need to find a way to live where our body-size is just part of us.

Please don't get disheartened!

spambolina Sat 15-Aug-09 16:15:26

Thanks Plonketyplonk
Its tough to accept when I was a size 8 and now 12 or 14.....for me its also about feeling fit and healthy..which I don't! Perhaps this will come with time.
Onwards and upwards.

missingtheaction Sat 15-Aug-09 16:17:21

Smaller portions. Those ready meal we all moan about are actually the RIGHT portion sizes. Put much less on your plate, and more of it veg, and only eat more if you are actually still physically hungry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now