Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swelling ring finger after wasp sting

(3 Posts)
outinthesticksmummy Fri 14-Aug-09 23:17:11

I was stung by a wasp today just after lunch - on my wedding ring finger ......ouch ..hurt like hell , but then got distracted by kids /tea/etc and didn't bother with it , although it was throbbing. HAs now swollen and i have manages to get my engagement ring off , but not my wedding ring - its stuck tight , gonna take some piriton syrup ....(left over from chicken pox days) dh made me take some of his diclofenic - antinflammitory ....what do you reckon ?? wait for swliing to subside ?? or trot down to a & e on a sat morning and get my wedding ring cut off .......really don't want to get it cut sad

hellymelly Fri 14-Aug-09 23:19:29

Ice and more piriton.The swelling should subside reasonably quickly,but make sure that the ring isn't cutting of circulation to the finger.If it is really cutting in I would go to a and e to be honest.

outinthesticksmummy Fri 14-Aug-09 23:21:17

aw thanks helly - will reasses in the morning - off to take some more piriton - it does feel pretty tight though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now