Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dr Shiney shines again! Our motto- if it tastes good,spit it out. [then gargle with vinegar [tits]]

(1001 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 14:13:26

Message withdrawn

harleyd Fri 14-Aug-09 14:16:10

ooh vt will be pleased grin

just marking my place...heading out soon

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 14:28:15

Message withdrawn

harleyd Fri 14-Aug-09 14:31:15

soz trills grin

i'll sit in the naughty corner when i get back from being naughty in the outside world...

BitOfFun Fri 14-Aug-09 14:35:29

Hello all! I hope everyone finds us.

harleyd Fri 14-Aug-09 14:36:55

bof...c'mon and we'll have a sneaky afternoon drinky while noones looking

BitOfFun Fri 14-Aug-09 14:39:58

Good plan. I am stiil on my couch with a cold though- can I come out looking scruffy and ask for a hot toddy?

NormaSknockers Fri 14-Aug-09 14:39:58

Loving the new thread title - fab grin

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 14:40:18

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Fri 14-Aug-09 14:43:03

heehee

harleyd Fri 14-Aug-09 14:43:35

scruffy's good...

shiney, tis friday, i refuse to behave myself today [not so innocent smile] smile

NormaSknockers Fri 14-Aug-09 14:46:39

I've got a wedding tomorrow & really worried I won't be able to restrain myself around all the food....I'll have 4 points banked by te end of today (2 from yesterday & 2 today) which will help a little, I don't think we'll be eating til 4 so I guess I could pack something to eat around midday meaning I won't stuff my face at the meal maybe?

alicecrail Fri 14-Aug-09 14:47:30

Just marking my place (although you will probably be on the 14th by monday)

Shiney i can't do links either blush

YanknCock Fri 14-Aug-09 14:48:48

Is this where you all hang out now?

Alas, I cannot battle the bulge with you until the little dual citizen makes his exit (10.5 days till D-day). I was going to aquanatal exercise (well, I went twice), but they stopped it for the summer. Now we all just meet up for lunch every week, which is not helping anything. grin

BitOfFun Fri 14-Aug-09 14:50:31

Yay!! Nice to see you Yank!

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 15:04:47

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 15:07:19

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 15:08:21

Message withdrawn

bellavita Fri 14-Aug-09 15:08:21

<< waves sleepily>> smile

Shiney, have you been naughty again?

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 14-Aug-09 15:09:17

Message withdrawn

NormaSknockers Fri 14-Aug-09 15:12:46

Are they still squabbling?

bellavita Fri 14-Aug-09 15:13:31

Ah nothing too serious then...

We went to Planet Hollywood last night. I asked for a beer and the waitress said that wil be $5 and your ID please. I laughed, but she was serious... she said I looked 12.

BitOfFun Fri 14-Aug-09 15:19:43

Got a joke about philosophy/Americans for ya, inspired by Trill telling one on the old thread...

Two rednecks, Bubba and Cooter, decide to go to college. Bubba goes first, and he is advised to take maths, history and logic.

-- "What's logic?" says Bubba.
-- "Well, let me give you an example," says the professor. "Do you own a tractor?"
-- "Sure do," says Bubba.
-- "Okay. Then I assume, using logic, that you have a yard."
-- "That's real good," says Bubba, in awe.
-- "Logic also tells me that since you have a yard, you also have a house. Is that right?"
-- "Gawly!” says Bubba.
-- "And since you own a house and a house is tough to take care of by yourself, the odds are that you have a wife. Right?"
-- "Betty Mae! This is incredible!"
-- "Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume you are heterosexual. Is that right?"
-- "You are absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thang I ever heerd of. I can't wait to take this here logic class!"

Bubba, proud of the new world opening up to him, goes back into the hallway where Cooter is waiting.
-- "So what classes are ya takin’?" says Cooter.
-- "Maths, history and logic," says Bubba.
-- "What in tarnation is logic?"
-- "Let me give you an example," says Bubba. "Do you own a tractor?"
-- "No."
-- "Then you’re gay."

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 14-Aug-09 15:30:45

Oh, just posted on the old thread, didn't know this one was up and running.

What in the name of the LORD was going on on the maggoty bin thread? One of my posts got deleted (there was nowt offensive on it). Never had a post deleted before, I am secretly thrilled to have popped my MN cherry!

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 14-Aug-09 15:31:39

Also, think Moldies had a point. Is good fun to slag off discuss all the threads on here, then go and post on them!

This thread is not accepting new messages.