Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How much did you put on when you quitted smoking ?

(8 Posts)
IMGOINGTOGIVEUPCIGS Fri 14-Aug-09 13:45:05

I'm about to stop, I'm really motivated, only concern is all the weight I'm going to put on..did you put on a lot ? Was it easy to shift ? Thank you !!!!

DottyDot Fri 14-Aug-09 20:06:56

can't help but bumpity bump

RubyBlueberry Fri 14-Aug-09 20:07:55

3 sodding stone and can't get it off!!!

UndertheBoredwalk Fri 14-Aug-09 20:09:10

Same as ruby I put on 3 bloody stone, still havent shifted it, and I ended up smoking again anyway blush

2to3 Fri 14-Aug-09 20:12:38

Not very much at all - but I didn't have children then....

JodieO Fri 14-Aug-09 20:13:44

None.

Loulou73 Fri 14-Aug-09 20:15:28

I had my last cigarette on April 20th 2008 and gave up using Champix. I have put on 1 stone and gone up almost 2 dress sizes and cannot shift any of it.

I stopped feeling the cravings just before Christmas and that was when I managed to get some sort of control over what I was eating. Have stayed the same weight since then.

I would rather be the size I am now than a smoker and have no intention of ever smoking again. Hail to the champix grin

RubyBlueberry Fri 14-Aug-09 22:49:18

I wish someone would just invent a healthy fag!

The weight-reduction benefits are stupidly looking attractive sometimes (I won't ever start again though)

Maybe someone could tell me what it is in the fags that curbs your appetite? And do they sell it by the bucket?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now