Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

do I take ds to the dr's

(5 Posts)
ojsmum Thu 26-May-05 17:46:39

ds has had a cough for about a week now, it started off as croup. I am thinking that it may now have gone to a chest infection but don't really want to give him antibiotics. Evrytime I go to my dr's with him they give him amoxocylin, even for an upset stomach, its almost like they think thats what I want. Any advice?

tealeaves Thu 26-May-05 17:48:20

is he ashtmatic? even if not worth checking out, as it only takes 5 mins of doctor's time, better safe than sorry.

ojsmum Thu 26-May-05 17:55:10

He is only 11 months old so don't think that they will be able to test for asthma yet. No other symptoms except a streeming nose just think that its a really bad cough.

tealeaves Thu 26-May-05 17:57:52

maybe they wont, but my dh has been ashmatic from very early, they might be able to do something....does he get ezcema or history of ashtma in family at all.

WigWamBam Thu 26-May-05 18:11:43

My friend's dd was diagnosed with asthma when she was only a few months old, and they have been able to treat her. You need to get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now