Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lower abdom pain 3 months after birth

(5 Posts)
Momino Fri 14-Aug-09 09:27:06

Hi. I had dd3 on 2/5 and have constant feel of strain in my lower abdominal muscles mostly to the left. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've also had bowel, piles problems and don't know if it's at all related. I went to GP 2 weeks ago who gave me rectal blush exam and prescribed cream for piles and fybogel for bowels. pain is still there but not sure if it could be related to pregnancy stretching?

Would like to hear from anyone else with similar. Thanks.

Momino Sat 15-Aug-09 05:50:44

bump

spambolina Sat 15-Aug-09 08:03:01

I experienced severe symphis pubis dysfunction for 9 months after the birth of my daughter, not saying that this is what you have , however I would say look out for the signs and go back to your doctor or if you can see a post natal physio at your hospital - if you have the opportunity to. I didn't do this and although I went to see my GP, he wasn't very good, or very reassuring, and could only refer me to our local physio which took months and then she didn't now what to do with me and discharged me after 6 sessions, and recommended I see an orthaepedic consultant, which took another couple of months, and a collapse with sever pain - by which time I gave myself my own diagnosis after talking to the pelvic partnership and after an xray it was evident that my pubis bones had misaligned.
I had lower abs pain, groin pain, leg pain buttock and lower back pain. This was all on the right hand side.
I have now received private physio and have now made a great recovery and, dare I say it....almost feel normal again......its 12 months later.
Good luck

Momino Sat 15-Aug-09 14:49:05

spambolina, thanks for the reply and glad you made a great recovery.

i'll take your advice and see my gp about it again. she's pretty good but i have to be assertive with her re: action.

take care.

spambolina Sat 15-Aug-09 16:10:52

yeah exactly, be assertive with her. Also if you are member of any mothers groups i.e NCT babies and bumps or have joined any postnatal things where you meet other mums and babies then ask if they are still suffering too, as I knew my body was definately suffering differently to other mums around me.

Hope you get some treatment soon.

All the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now