Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small ulcer inside eyelid

(11 Posts)
Flower3545 Fri 14-Aug-09 07:26:31

I seem to have what looks like a tiny ulcer inside my eyelid, I say tiny but it feels huge just looks small and it itches like mad.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of it or make it hurt less.....please

foxinsocks Fri 14-Aug-09 07:36:23

ow

I would go to GP. Never think you should take chances with eyes. Try not to itch in case it's contagious and you touch the other eye!

Flower3545 Fri 14-Aug-09 07:40:54

easier said than done fox, I'm trying to take my mind off it but ow ow. GP it is then, though god knows when I'll get an appointment!

foxinsocks Fri 14-Aug-09 07:51:08

yes poor you! There are all sorts of eye drops you can get over the counter but I'd be wary of using any with something like that, just in case they were the wrong ones. Hope you can get an appointment soon.

5inthebed Fri 14-Aug-09 08:09:38

I had one of these last week. Took ll my effort not to squeeze the bloody thing. I went to the chemist and they recommended eye drops, had to laugh at the ones I got, they were called "Golden Eye".

Flower3545 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:42:12

Well GP's first appointment is for next Monday so it looks like I'll be popping to chemist this morning before I go mad with it.

Snotty receptionist said at my dismay about waiting til Monday "well it's hardly classed as an emergency is it dear" Dear...dear.... she actually called me dearangryIt may not be an emergency but it blimmen well hurts!

5inthe bed my eye is more a shade of bloodshot red than golden but I'll ask if they have any of that.smile

5inthebed Fri 14-Aug-09 09:50:05

How rude!

Well, I thought the same, what an odd name for an eye creme.

foxinsocks Fri 14-Aug-09 09:54:32

lol yes dh got golden eye before. Think he had a stye that time. The tube looks funny too, almost like not real medicine!

I hope it works Flower!

charis Fri 14-Aug-09 09:56:14

I have a condition where I get styes on my eyelids quite often. My consultant recommends hot water on a cotton pad held on the eyelid and antibiotic ointment which you can get from the pharmacy.

ConnorTraceptive Fri 14-Aug-09 12:41:53

Have you got an emergency Eye Casualty at your hospital I think most do nowadays. Whenever I've had problems I've gone straight there. You can usually just walk in without a referal.

If you can then I would go today you don't want it to get worse over weekend

Flower3545 Fri 14-Aug-09 14:59:27

Thanks everyone, I've been out most of the morning and didn't manage to get to the chemists, oddly enough my eye feels better, the tiny ulcer is much less red and seems smaller, certainly not as painful.

Not sure what it is but I'm going to wait and see what happens overnight. I know I'm a wimp but after having a couple of cysts taken from my eyelids, right on the eyelash line, a few years ago I can't bear anyone touching my eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now