Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

gp said i have a viral infection -what say you ?

(12 Posts)
candyfluff Thu 13-Aug-09 12:08:57

went to gp today after a week of feeling under the weather,i have got a slight cough ,gravelly sore throat ,really bad pain around my chest neck and shoulder blades,lots of swallowing of phlem too .
feeling totally wasshed out.
anyone else had a bug like this ,bit concerned its something else

lljkk Thu 13-Aug-09 12:10:21

Using my considerable psychic powers I can definitely diagnose you with...

Nothing. hmm
Why don't you want to believe the GP?

LIZS Thu 13-Aug-09 12:11:26

I had similar a few weeks ago and spent 2 days in bed. Cough lingered for at least 3 weeks.

candyfluff Thu 13-Aug-09 12:16:16

the pain in my chest and back is a burning sort of pain -if that makes sense,when i lie down feels like im gonna choke

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Aug-09 12:16:22

Are you concerned it might be flu? It would be too late for you to take antivirals anyway. Whatever it is, its making you poorly and you don't need a label on it to look after yourself properly. Lots of fluids rest and don't share it with people.

If you start to feel worse, get an increasing temp etc then go back to gp as you might have a secondary infection.

Hope you feel better soon.

candyfluff Thu 13-Aug-09 12:16:56

thats really helpful lljkk

candyfluff Thu 13-Aug-09 12:53:15

this is the same gp who told me my dd had diabetes when in fact she had pneumonia shock
so forgive me if i think she's a bit hmm

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Thu 13-Aug-09 14:39:43

actually, I thought my post was supportive and an attempt to help.

candyfluff Thu 13-Aug-09 18:38:14

kitten- i was directing my comment to lljkk
your post was helpfull thankyou xxxsmile

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Thu 13-Aug-09 20:48:58

You are welcome Are you feeling any better this evening?

candyfluff Fri 14-Aug-09 15:01:10

hiya -thanks have felt a little better today but dd is complaining of feeling similar.
few more days and i hope it will clear up

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Fri 14-Aug-09 20:56:36

Am glad you are feeling a bit better, hope your dd is too soon. Take it easy for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now