Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had the copper coil fitted and Sorry for TMI

(10 Posts)
MuppetsMuggle Thu 13-Aug-09 09:53:46

Well I seem to be getting alot more discharge than before and it reminds me of the show you get for labour jelly like and with a slight tinge of blood.
Is that normal or should I get it checked out?

MuppetsMuggle Thu 13-Aug-09 10:21:40

bump

Woooozle100 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:32:39

I got that. Think it can be like yr body's reaction to foreign body being put in it - and obv there would be small amount of trauma to site after having it fitted

When did you have it fitted? Is the bloody discharge easing off a bit? (ie not as bad as it was?)Can you feel the threads ok?

Its worth calling yr doc for advice and possibly getting it checked out re infection and to check its position. However, would expect other signs with infection (bad smell, pain, temperature)

Hope it all settles down soon

sandcastles Thu 13-Aug-09 10:32:45

You should get checked. I had this with my coil & the dr who removed it (due to an infection) said it was not normal.

MuppetsMuggle Thu 13-Aug-09 15:20:39

I have cramps too

MuppetsMuggle Thu 13-Aug-09 15:22:24

She didn't tell me how to feel for the threads either.
Will go to the FPC tonight.

Woooozle100 Thu 13-Aug-09 21:23:15

hope they've put you right muppetsmuggle

MuppetsMuggle Fri 14-Aug-09 09:10:49

Went to the clinc last night, she said doesn't look like an infection and the coil is still in place.
However, took swabs to check. Also said the neck of my womb is poking out and looks inflammed, so that I have to go back and have checked out.
she agreed I have alot of mucus and thinks it maybe my bodys reaction to having the coil fitted and again to keep an eye on it.

Woooozle100 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:57:46

oh good

that's exactly what they said to me when I went back (I was also conviced it was falling out as well) It did all settle down and I never heard owt about the swabs

Hope its the same for you

MuppetsMuggle Sat 15-Aug-09 12:59:50

thanks PM

I know if there is something wrong with my swabs then I'll hear something if all is clear then I won't and can confirm results when I go in 4 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now