Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MAP question - when can you take it?

(3 Posts)
AnarchyAunt Wed 12-Aug-09 22:16:30

This isn't as daft a question as it sounds I hope. Can't be arsed to namechange despite poss TMI.

I use a combination of nfp and condoms. Last period started 10 days ago (week last sunday) and finished last wednesday. Last had sex on saturday.

Now for the last few years since DD I have had a v v regular 28 day cycle and pretty much always ovulate exactly 14 days after period starts - I can feel it quite strongly in whichever side. But this evening I have had what I think are ovulation pains several days before I'd expect to. This is possible, right?

I think I might have heard you can get the MAP within 72 (?) hours of ovulation if you need to or have I invented this? Hard to get GP appt. and am loath to call it an emergency so would go and buy it OTC if possible.

weegiemum Wed 12-Aug-09 22:18:55

If you buy OTC you have a consultation with the pharmacist first to check you are eligible.

But I think you are wrong - its within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse, but as I have never taken it, maybe I am wrong.

AnarchyAunt Wed 12-Aug-09 22:31:46

Yes I think I am wrong as well after a bit of searching.

Bugger. Not much to do other than wait and see then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now