Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Baby stool sample question... quickly please!

(4 Posts)
Heartmum2Jamie Wed 12-Aug-09 19:31:53

I have an appt to take my 9 month old ds3 to the GP tomorrow and know they will want a stool sample. I already have the container and he has just dirtied a nappy. If there is anything other than water to collect, should I collect in now incase he he doesn't oblige in the morning (unlikely)? Would it keep until tomorrow, or is freshest best. I know samples are collected from the surgery at 10.30am and his appt is 8.40am. I need to know if I shold collect this stool or wash it (he's in cloth)

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 12-Aug-09 21:51:35

Collect this one. If you get a fresh one in the morning you can replace it with the new poogrin As a fellow cloth user, I know washing out a poohy pot won't scare youwink

onepieceoflollipop Wed 12-Aug-09 21:54:51

I think you should keep it somewhere cool if possible.

Agree with what moaningminnie says. However to save potentially washing out the "official" container, keep the current poo somewhere else clean and safe. In the morning make a final decision. If there is a newer poo, put that in the pot, otherwise transfer the current one. grin

Heartmum2Jamie Wed 12-Aug-09 23:19:21

Thanks ladies! Alas, was too liquid to collect. Nearly had a heart attack at the red colour to it until I remembered the watermelon he had at lunch time! I am pretty certain he will perform in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now