Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am so livid with the Pain Clinic ,so livid I am almost in tears

(8 Posts)
Saltire Wed 12-Aug-09 16:25:19

Back at the end of June I got a call from the pain Clinic, did I still want to go on their pain manangement programme? I said yes, so they made me an appointment to see the physio to assess if I still needed it. I attended that and it was decided that it would be beneficial to me. She told me that the next session would be in August, toward teh end of the month, and I would be contacted. I told her I was going away from mid July till 8th Aug, that was fine she said it wouldn't be until end of august and they would elt me know by letter.

Anyway got back from hols on 9th August, no letters. None yesterday or today either. So I called them up. Spoke to the secretary, who said "well we tried to call you several times and now it's full up so you can't go on it".

Now our phone lists all the numbers that call. There were 12 from the BT sms messaging service - none of which were from the hospital, there were 3 from a number in Winchester (something to do with DH and rugby) and 1 withheld number. There are no dates of when the calls were made but it clearly lists each number that called. SO they didn't actually try and call me lots of times, they just tried once - I assume theirs is the with held number.
I am so angry, I was first seen at the pain clinic in November 2007, and I have waited all this time for a place.

PrettyCandles Wed 12-Aug-09 16:32:38

Kick up a fuss!!!

I have friends who, as a result of NHS administrative cock-ups, got knocked to the bottom of waiting lists - after having got to the top. They kicked up huge fusses, pointed out that the NHS had made proveable errors, and somehow or other space was found for them within a few weeks.

You have your call records, you can prove that they did not call you as they claim.

(Just one thing - have you asked them the number they were calling? If it is not your number, can you prove that you gave them the correct number?)

I hope a clever MNer will come on soon to give you the right wording to use to get what you need.

No wonder you are livid. Rightfully so.

cocolepew Wed 12-Aug-09 16:33:21

I would phone who ever is in charge and complain, followed up with a letter, detailing what you have put on here.

How horrible for you, hope you can get it sorted.

FlightHattendant Wed 12-Aug-09 16:35:36

Saltire that is rubbish, I'm so sorry for you sad

I wonder if going through the local PALS service might get you sorted? Ours is great.

catinthehat2 Wed 12-Aug-09 16:50:15

Its your fault.

You are the reason that NHS wastes £600m on no shows.
You are disorganised.
You are a good for nothing feckless incompetent and NHS bureaucracy is faultless/underfunded/staffed by angels. Who don't tell lies. Ever.
I think you will find.

Kicking up an evidence based stink is definitely the way ahead, and I wish you well. Also don't be too quick to assume that tthe single number withheld was anything to do with the hospital - why should it be?

I should find this story shocking, but it just isn't any more because it's so commonplace. sad They've forgotten who they're supposed to be serving.

Saltire Wed 12-Aug-09 16:54:17

and another thing, she said to me "the full up session starts on 19th August, if theres a cancellation will I call you" I said to her "If everyone else on that list has waited 2 years to get a place do you really think they will cancel?"

catinthehat2 Wed 12-Aug-09 16:57:35

Is there a chance that they've included you anyway on the "full up " session and not told you? They sound remarkably thick, nothing would surprise me.

Saltire Wed 12-Aug-09 16:59:27

No, I am definately not on the list, she had a read through of it after I asked her to. I did also say what was the point in me ocming along to the session with the physio at the start of July - as I was told that it was to assess if I stil needed to attend "becasue so many people who are on the waiting list might have got better by now".
or indeed worse, as I pointed out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now