Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Confusing dental situation : ( how do you know which one is hurting?

(3 Posts)
FlightHattendant Wed 12-Aug-09 12:33:39

had toothache for a few days, went in yesterday, he thinks it is front lower tooth which has played up for ever, and I need it out - however, this takes 2 weeks and I'm on antibiotics in the meantime.

Last night having started the course, I was in a lot of pain still - obv it wouldn't be that quick to work - but I think it is a different tooth, one at the back on the same side. It's agonising - he couldn't drill or dress the front one as it's too weak, but should I go back and get him to do the back one? Might be a dressing he could put in etc.
I'd hate to take the pills if they aren't necessary, though have already started - I just worry that it might not get better if he doesn't open up that tooth iyswim or I might need further courses.

Can anyone clever tell me whether taking a-b's without touching the infected tooth is a worthless enterprise?
I'll try and go in tomorrow morning or maybe even this pm if I can take the boys with me and it'd be a good idea.

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 12-Aug-09 12:34:43

Can't they tell by x-rays?

FlightHattendant Wed 12-Aug-09 12:40:12

Oh yes, maybe they can...I just rang and she said come in in the morning for the emergency clinic.

I am not sure I can get through another night of that tbh! Do you think the a/b's will be working on the actually poorly tooth, anyway - i mean they don't know which tooth he prescribed them for, do they? smile but I will go in and get him to dress the bad one.

Oh dear. I feel like having the whole lot out. sad

<bashes head with mallet>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now