Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Confusing dental situation : ( how do you know which one is hurting?

(3 Posts)
FlightHattendant Wed 12-Aug-09 12:33:39

Owwwwww

had toothache for a few days, went in yesterday, he thinks it is front lower tooth which has played up for ever, and I need it out - however, this takes 2 weeks and I'm on antibiotics in the meantime.

Last night having started the course, I was in a lot of pain still - obv it wouldn't be that quick to work - but I think it is a different tooth, one at the back on the same side. It's agonising - he couldn't drill or dress the front one as it's too weak, but should I go back and get him to do the back one? Might be a dressing he could put in etc.
I'd hate to take the pills if they aren't necessary, though have already started - I just worry that it might not get better if he doesn't open up that tooth iyswim or I might need further courses.

Can anyone clever tell me whether taking a-b's without touching the infected tooth is a worthless enterprise?
I'll try and go in tomorrow morning or maybe even this pm if I can take the boys with me and it'd be a good idea.

Thanks
Owwwwww

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 12-Aug-09 12:34:43

Can't they tell by x-rays?

FlightHattendant Wed 12-Aug-09 12:40:12

Oh yes, maybe they can...I just rang and she said come in in the morning for the emergency clinic.

I am not sure I can get through another night of that tbh! Do you think the a/b's will be working on the actually poorly tooth, anyway - i mean they don't know which tooth he prescribed them for, do they? smile but I will go in and get him to dress the bad one.

Oh dear. I feel like having the whole lot out. sad

<bashes head with mallet>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now