Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy bottom

(11 Posts)
Blossomhill Thu 26-May-05 09:38:44

dd (5) has been itching and scratching herself for about 2 weeks now and even the school have mentioned it to me. She defintiely doesn't have worms as I have thoroughly inspected her I really can't see how it could be thrush either. Any ideas what it could be??? Thanks

rickman Thu 26-May-05 09:40:30

Message withdrawn

Blossomhill Thu 26-May-05 09:41:35

rickman - yes i am totally sure it's not worms. She has had them before so know what i am looking for!

MrsDoolittle Thu 26-May-05 09:42:12

If her bottom (anus) has become excoriated, it will become itchy as it heals IYSWIM. This could be because she has done an enormous poo or she has scratched herself when wiping.

Sorry if you think this is crude

MrsDoolittle Thu 26-May-05 09:42:51

rickman - you have put it better

Blossomhill Thu 26-May-05 09:44:22

mrsd - she is terrible at wiping herself so could be irritated because if that?????

MrsDoolittle Thu 26-May-05 09:45:23

Do you mean wiping herself too much?

Blossomhill Thu 26-May-05 09:49:02

no, not enough, properly.

ghosty Thu 26-May-05 09:52:24

Blossomhill, DS (also 5) gets an itchy bottom sometimes if he doesn't wipe himself properly ... I then do the 'wiping' for the next couple of times and then the itchy goes ...

Blossomhill Thu 26-May-05 09:53:28

Thanks ghosty Am putting on some sudocream too just to soothe it for her.

MrsDoolittle Thu 26-May-05 10:04:22

Blossomhill - I find that a little talcum powder helps. It dries it and stops one side rubbing up against the other. Sudocream sounds good too.

And Oliveoil - don't look if you don't like it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now