Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Multiple Sclerosis & MC - anyone else? Feeling very lonely.

(8 Posts)
zaramara Tue 11-Aug-09 17:37:32

I miscarried yesterday at almost 7 weeks. It was sudden and horrible. I'd had some spotting last week and had an early scan which showed everything was ok, including a heartbeat. This seems to have made the last couple of days much harder.

The added difficulty is that I have relapsing remitting MS (first attack 2006). I stopped the betaferon when we started TTC. Feeling scared about being off the drugs for too long but can't get a straight answer from the doctors about what to do.

Anyone else out there is a similar position? Any advice?

jetcat32 Tue 11-Aug-09 19:22:52

sorry, not been in your difficult and heartbreaking situation, but didnt want to just read and run.

Hope you are ok

Plonketyplonk Tue 11-Aug-09 19:58:51

I have a relation with MS who gets a lot of help from the MS society. They may have some idea of what to do. I know that my cousin has been on trials. How horrid for you to have a MC as well.

Sorry to be of such little help. Hopefully the MS society can help you feel less alone, and probably there are people here who can help.

ZZZenAgain Tue 11-Aug-09 20:02:16

My sister has MS, I would second the advice that the MS society has been very helpful to her. Are you in touch with them at all?

So sorry to hear about your loss.

zaramara Wed 12-Aug-09 15:05:02

Thanks. I was in touch with the MS society a while back but might try again. Saw my GP this afternoon who was great. Helps a bit.

spinspinsugar Wed 12-Aug-09 15:17:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

owlandpussycat Wed 12-Aug-09 15:32:08

My dh has MS and is in the middle of a relapse just now, so am offering my support and good thoughts to you. He is improving slowly and I'm sure you will too, although it's not the nicest place to be.

Can't offer much in the way of advice apart from asking if you take any supplements? Apparently Vit D and Omega Oils help, so dh is taking them

Thanks you spin for thae link to that site- I hadn't come across that before.

zaramara Wed 12-Aug-09 18:48:49

Thank you for the support and the suggestions. I hadn't come across the website before but thank you to spin for it. It is so difficult to sort the quackery from the info which is worth reading - this one looks brilliant.

I am taking (pregnancy) vitamin including vitamin D at the moment and have gone back on to evening primrose oil since the MC on Monday - my neurologist suggested it so it seems that conventional medicine is slowly coming round to the idea of alternatives. I'll explore adding omega oils to the list. I'm sure if you shake me, I'd rattle given all the supplements but if they help...

owl, sending my very best wishes to you and your DH. I really hope he feels better soon. I feel enormously grateful to my own DH without whom I would really struggle at times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now